Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Adventure in Progress

You may have noticed that the sidebar now has a list of things I’d like to do.  It’s not everything I’d like to do, but it’s just a few things that came to mind when I was adding the list to the blog.  I figured since this is all about my adventures, it might be nice to have an idea of what I might be getting myself into.

That being said, I’ve got an adventure in progress.  In about a week and a half, I’m going to be leaving land for the open sea.  Wow, that sounded so dramatic.  Don’t worry friends, I’m not driving the boat.  I’ll be setting sail on the Carnival Glory bound for Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Grand Turk, and Half Moon Cay…..probably not in that order.  It was sort of a spontaneous thing…..well, as spontaneous as a cruise can be.  We’ve been booked since November, but it was sort of a spur of the moment booking.  I think the decision was made something like this:

Cal: “Wanna go on a Cruise?”

Me: “When do we leave?”

Ok, so I did consider if I’d have the vacation time at work, and if I could afford it, but I had made a decision very quickly.  I’m not much of a spontaneous person usually.  I like to plan things out, and make decisions after I have ALL the facts.  I have to tell you though….spontaneous is fun. 

Consider this…..while on this cruise, I may be swimming with stingrays.  Those of you who know me are probably laughing your asses off right now while you’re picturing me desperately clinging to Angie (who’s also cruising) while I’m screaming “keep them away from me”, and to you I say…..yeah, ok, you might have a point, but I’ll try to post pictures of the hilarity. 

This…..could be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kim - do you already have this cruise line booked? If not I have a couple of things you might want to consider going into it, especially if you choose a Carnival Cruise. Kyle and I had quite the learning experience on ours on our honeymoon, and since it seems like you're ready to head out on this adventure, I'd be happy to share some tips and insights with you if you'd like.

    Let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete