Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Heartbreak

I’m sure it’s not too hard to see how excited I am at the possibility of going to see Donny and Marie perform in Las Vegas.  I’m so excited that I’m certain that it’s about to spill out my ears.  However, I know that the show that I’m so excited to see should probably be the last thing that family is thinking about right now.

Marie lost her son just a few weeks ago, and I was amazed at how quickly she was able to return to work.  People started debating immediately if it was too soon for her to return, or why she returned so quickly.  I think the only person who can decide what is right for her, is her.  She did what she needed to do at the time.

I just read that they have decided to cancel the rest of their shows for this week.  Again, she’s doing what she needs to do for her own good and the good of her family.  She is grieving.  Everyone should be able to handle their grief in their own time…..in their own way.  Who is anyone else to judge what is right or wrong. 

I would love nothing more than to see that show come next spring.  However, if the best thing for the family is for the show not to go on, then so be it.  They are entertainers…..people, not machines.  My heart breaks for them.  I can’t begin to imagine how difficult it must be to go through all of this in the spotlight.  My thoughts and prayers are with Marie, her children and the rest of the family.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment