Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

A Spinoff

I’m sick from work today and have lost my mind to the boredom that comes with sitting at home not feeling like doing anything but sit in front of the television.  In order to try and spice things up I decided to grab the good ole’ laptop and wander around the internet for a while.  I checked e-mail, facebook, and twitter (oh aren’t I just the little social butterfly).  I looked a the news websites so I could stay updated on the goings on in the world around me. 

I found that although I’m not feeling well today, sitting around has left me with an abundance of energy.  Problem is…..it’s energy on the inside, not the outside because if I get up to even walk around the room I feel like I need to take a nap to recover from the effort.  Usually, when I have too much energy I can’t sit still, and I talk way, way, way too much.  So, welcome to the blog……where I can talk all I want because it’s my little world.

I’ve discovered myself to be making my way out of my shell recently (hello late bloomer), and due to recent happenings that shook me up a little, I’ve adopted the motto that we only live once.  I’m not going to sit around and wait for my dreams to come true anymore.  I’m going to make them happen. 
This is the part where I explain the title of this post.  A Spinoff…..Confessions of an Attic Dweller (http://confessionsofanatticdweller.blogspot.com/) has a new sister!  Ladies and Gents, allow me to introduce you to Adventures of Attic Dweller (http://adventuresofatticdweller.blogspot.com/).  See, in “Confessions” I post random things going on in my life at the moment I sit down to write.  In “Adventures” I’ll be posting about exactly what I’m doing to chase my dreams. 

I have so many dreams, and I just don’t think they’re impossible anymore.  This blog is proof that I can be a published author, even if my writings aren’t held between the covers of a book…..yet.  There are places I want to go, things I want to see, and people I want to meet……which is where this journey is going to begin.  Ok, confession time:  I used to really really want to be an actress.  I still have that love for movies and television, but my creative outlet has become writing.  The love for entertainment has led me to compile a list over the years of celebrities I’d like to met.  At the top of that list has been Donny and Marie.  Yes, THAT Donny and Marie.  If I can meet them, I’d be on top of the world!!  Since they’re in Vegas until 2012 I’ve got time to save up to go see them.  If I can meet them, I can do anythng!

So, if you want to hear the confessions of a nearly 27 year old, single girl, who lives in her parents’ attic, keep checking here.  If you want to hear about how I’m getting out of the attic and taking the world by storm, go here.

Ok, so, I’m going to go get some soup and watch a soap while I’m cuddled on the couch with a blanket.  I’ve got to get my tummy feeling better because I suspect I’ll need to leave the couch to accomplish anything on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment