Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

What a Difference

Yesterday I was a desperate woman.  I was watching time tick by until I started a job that was my only option.  The job wasn't a horrible job, it just didn't really have the schedule that I have become accustomed to.  When options are low, we just have to do things we may not look forward to.

That being said, it's interesting what happens when options come unexpectedly.  It's funny that I talked about going backwards last night.  This potential new opportunity comes from my past.  It's a company I've worked for before.  It's a job I probably would have kept had I not been determined to try and find a teaching job right out of college.  Of course, it's not exactly the same job, but it's close.  It's going backwards, but in a different way.  I have a phone interview tomorrow morning.  I want to nail it!  I want them to see that although I walked away back then, that I know they are a good company to work for.  

I don't want to get my hopes up.  I know that just because I have this appointment tomorrow doesn't mean I've got this job locked.  Boy do I want it though.  They have great benefits with this job and the schedule is just the tip of the iceberg.  Maybe this is the great thing I've been hoping is out there.  Then again, maybe I'll blow it.  You know me, I don't want to pin my hopes and dreams on a possibility.  

So, I'll be praying tonight, and it will sound something like this, "Lord, no matter what happens tomorrow morning, please remind me that I have done my absolute best, and let me be the best I can be at whatever job I end up with. "  If you're a praying person, think of me tonight.  It seems selfish to even ask, but I've been really scared as I've been unemployed and have been grasping at whatever straw is dangling in front of me.  I finally see a straw I want.  I just hope it doesn't disappear.  

Sweet dreams everyone.  Lovely day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment