Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

I hope this new year finds all of you as excited as I am to see what's in store.  Maybe you had a fantastic 2013 and are hoping to continue the fantastic into 2014.  Maybe 2013 is a year you'd rather forget.  Either way, it's a memory now.  Sitting here on the first day of 2014, it's my turn to look back at the year I'm leaving behind.

One of the first things I was faced with in 2013 was saying goodbye to a man who had been a second father to me my entire life.  He fought a brave battle with cancer, but went to be with God on December 31, 2012.  The pain I felt at his loss is nothing compared to what his family must have felt.  A man like him leaves a void that will always be there.  I'm blessed to have had him in my life, and I think of him often.

Love, loss, highs, and lows.  We all get our mix of them each year.  So many things changed for me in the past year.  My name, for example.  I married my Prince Charming in August.  It was the best day of my life.  I had wondered at times if the right guy for me was actually out there, and was pleasantly surprised to find him when I wasn't really looking.  We met in 2010, started dating in 2011, and got married in 2013.  What a change for a girl who figured she'd be living in her parents' attic for the rest of her life.  Yeah, it's been pretty hard to wipe the smile off my face.

I spent most of 2013 as an unemployed individual.  That sucked.  One job I had ended up being kind of, well, toxic.  Another was thwarted by a crazy out of control migraine.  A third just plain didn't work out.  I'm getting stir crazy here in the apartment, and hope to be able to get back to the business of working soon.  You would think the apartment of an unemployed woman would be cleaner, and it was for a while.  I swear I intend to clean it more.  However, something gets lost between I swear I'm going to clean tomorrow, and waking up in the morning with no motivation to clean.

Finding the motivation to accomplish much of anything lately has been difficult.  OK, that's poorly worded.  The motivation is there, the fact that I feel awful all the time just stifles it.  You see, the big thing to come near the end of this past year was finding out that a baby will be joining our family.  Yep, come this summer, there will be three humans living in this apartment.  Currently, the tiny human living in me is giving me a run for my money.  Sickness and fatigue, oh my.  In the end though, we get a baby.  Totally worth it.

Well, the year is brand new.  No matter what your 2013 brought, this year is a brand new blank page waiting for us to fill in our story.  Make yours awesome.  Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment