Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Since Last Time

So, aren't you all glad I decided to write on this blog so much while I'm unemployed?  Yeah, me too.  I have been spending a lot of time on the computer, but it's been looking for jobs, not writing.  Honestly, I've not been in the mood to write.  After that first month, unemployment became depressing.  Literally, there have been days where I cried.....a lot for no reason other than I'm home alone all day, I know nobody down here, and maybe I was feeling a little sorry for myself.

Some good things have been happening though.  I got engaged!  Yep, Attic Dweller, who lives in an apartment now is going to be a married woman by August.  At least I've had plenty of time to plan this wedding.  I've found "the dress", and felt like a princess in it.  The girls found their dresses in the colors I like.  We have tuxes, church, hall, hair, photography, and dj all set.  Things are falling into place.  Maybe I'll have a career as a wedding planner because once we got the church and the hall, things have been falling into place quite easily.

Although professionally I'm not in a great place at all, personally, things are going well.  Ok, so there's one hiccup, but I'm not going to focus on that right now....maybe in another post.  Besides my engagement, I've grown in my Catholic faith.  I've been growing over the past year, but I can honestly say, sitting here on the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday, that my faith has never been stronger.  For the first time in a long time, I'll be at Ash Wednesday mass.....bright and early tomorrow morning.  I've been reading the Bible every day.....ok, ok, I'm a few days behind, but I'll catch up.  I'm lucky to have a fiancee who is also taking this journey in faith with me.  Ultimately it makes us both stronger individually, and as a couple.  That's a great way to feel as we're looking at marriage.

I've got so much to say, and it's all jumbled around in my head because I've waited so long to write a post.  I hope to take a page from my friend, Rob, and keep these posts more regular.  We'll see.

Oh, and if you know someone who needs a good receptionist/administrative assistant or teacher, send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment